Sunday, April 29, 2012

Free Motion Quilting Challenge April


April's Free Motion Quilting Challenge over at SewCalGals was from Don Linn who had a very easy and interesting way to transfer a quilt design to your quilt. 

I think the biggest problem I had with this one, other than the fact that I have no patience and sew really fast, was I kept trying to find the perfect design for a quilt I was working on. I figured I can do both at the same time, it didn't work. The quilt wouldn't talk to me and didn't like any of the designs I drew on it. I ended up printing out the design Don so generously supplied and used that. 


The transfer was amazingly easy and worked with no trouble. I did play a little more with it until I ran out of bobbin thread and it started to look like something I would rip out of my garden.

I'm still having a lot of fun with the free motion, I've gone back and I'm working on past projects, really making them my own. 

By the way, as soon as I finished this, the quilt I was working on really started shouting to me, it wanted big swirls all over it, so it's done and beautiful.

Thanks for stopping by,
Dana

2 comments: