Saturday, November 29, 2014

Let's Book It for November


It's the end of the month, so it's time for me to pay attention and link up with "Let's Book It" going on at Vrooman Quilts. 

If your on Pinterest you've seen this pattern a few hundred times, it's so adorable. 


I used a stack of fat quarters that have passed their expiration date, I'm still doing "use it or lose it" especially for the Let's Book It projects, it makes me feel like some kind of cleaning is happening in the sewing room. 


Looking at this picture makes me think I need to have a talk with the support crew, in his defense it was cold that day and I think he has a dog leaning on him. 


I really liked the little squares that happen between the hearts, they look like pearls to me from a distance, try squinting and you'll see them too. :)

I hope you'll take a look at the other links and think about joining in, seriously we all have patterns, books and magazines with quilts we want to make, Sharon's idea for "Let's Book It" could be the push you need, it worked for me. She's also announced that it will continue through next year, so if you don't have time now, consider it for after the new year. Fun and easy. 

Later Gators,
Dana

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely quilt. I don't recall seeing this design before, but it is so sweet I think I'll have to track down the pattern and make it. #Quiltlove

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is just so cute! Those aged fabrics do really need playing with. I had not seen this pattern but then again I don't do Pinterest. Great pattern that really highlights those lovely fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay as you know, I have not been on pinterest in months :( wah! but I am so glad you were inspired and shared here! I LOOOOVE yours, love the fabric you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay as you know, I have not been on pinterest in months :( wah! but I am so glad you were inspired and shared here! I LOOOOVE yours, love the fabric you used!

    ReplyDelete