Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Couple Of Things


Tomorrow July 2nd kicks off the annual 100 Quilts for Kids.
There's a blog hop, starting at Lily's Quilts, a sew along which begins on July 15th, prizes and fun, it's pretty much a carnival for quilters, with a wonderful outcome. 

100 Quilts for Kids is a charity drive co-hosted by Katie Blakesley of Swim, Bike, Quilt and the DC Modern Quilt Guild. It's pretty simple make a quilt or more and donate it, locally if possible. 

It's the locally that started a wonderful relationship for me last year.
 I contacted the local women's shelter and then delivered a pile of quilts to them. 
I was blown away by the response. After being told it was the "most awesome" donation they had ever received, my response was "I'll have to make more" lots more. 

This was last year's quilt along quilt, so easy and adorable

Next up, Brady and Maya are getting pretty excited about the Pets On Quilts show.


Obviously Brady does headstands when he's excited
That's better.

If you haven't started stalking your fur babies or decided on that animal themed quilt, now's the time, it starts August 1.

Funny how I have time for blogging when my machine is broken,
Dana

5 comments:

  1. Good info! I'm following along now so I can join in the SAL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the photo of Brady and the big giggle.....he is just practicing for the Olympics and doing a headstand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen a dog sleep like Brady!?!?!? Too funny. Is he part bat? LOL! Thanks for the great info about the quilt along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun post, but I'm sorry about your machine and hope it gets fixed soon.

    Brady must have been a circus gymnist in his prior life. I could never get my neck into such a position. Bet Debbie is right and he has been watching the pre-Olympics on TV and wants to try out.

    Thanks for the insights on the 100 quilts for kids. I'll check it out. I have some tops that I need to finish up and they are intended as charity quilts for kids.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout out on the Pet Show!
    And thank you for helping me with my trial linky party! It's working! Yay!

    ReplyDelete