Saturday, July 14, 2012

Foto Finish - Summer's Here

Today's optional theme for Foto Finish over at Cat Patches is "Summer's Here". Where I live it's always summer, except for a couple of days in January, so the first thing I did was run outside in the rain to get pictures of the rain on the pool. Here in the "sunshine state" it rains every day in the summer, usually for about 10 minutes every afternoon. But I changed my mind, the rain brings mosquitoes, lots of them, swarms of them and the mosquitoes bring these guys, who I love.


They eat the mosquitoes.

I'm a bit sleep deprived, the storms have changed their schedule to thunderstorms every night about 3 A.M., which is when Maya comes banging on the door terrified. David leaves, I don't know why he wants to leave the puppy party, but Maya, Brady and I wrap up in quilts, sing songs and wait out the storm. We're having so much fun (can you hear the sarcasm?). Oh, and one of those storms took out the internet for over 24 hours. 
I'm loving summer.

I hope you'll check out all the fun summer pictures over at Cat Patches.

Thanks for stopping by,
Dana 

5 comments:

  1. This is a great capture. It rains almost every day like that in Hawaii too. Must be a tropical thing. We don't get too many mosquitos where I live. At the top of a hill, we don't have a lot of standing water. Pretty hard to avoid standing water in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great shot! We don't get mosquitoes around here, thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful shot! As a fellow Floridian I know all too well about our daily summer storms. For the most part I enjoy them. I do not enjoy the mosquitoes (although they enjoy me). I make a habit of dumping anything with standing water - in my yard and the neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we lived south of Houston, we adored the dragon flies for the same reason you do. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photography is beautiful, Dana!
    Yesterday all the dragonflies came out here, it was quite beautiful seeing them all around :)

    ReplyDelete