Friday, May 12, 2017

Where Does the Time Go

I know where the time goes, it goes to two family crisis (only in the minds of the people who caused them), one family celebration, company, one animal rescue emergency and I just came back from Key West where I crashed my sister and BIL's anniversary trip, I was going down to spend a day but my BIL called and asked me to come early to surprise my sister :)  It was wonderful and we had a great time. 

But I have quilts I've been wanting to show you. When I was visiting Cori and going to QuiltCon, a friend emailed and told me they were expecting their second grandchild, Max their first grandbaby has one of my quilts and she wanted something similar and girly. 

This is Max's quilt in EQ

To make "Max's little sister's" quilt I decided to keep the on point, colored sashing and border. I spent a some time on EQ, sent my friend the pictures and she couldn't decide, LOL. 

So I just started making them, it's good to have goals

This is the one she picked




There are two more in that theme that haven't been made, then I went off the rails a bit and made these two, same border though and at least it wasn't elephants which is where I usually end up. 



This is the only one she didn't like, I think it was the yellow

But when I made it I couldn't find the right yellow so of course I stuck with my white, this one is my favorite.

I'm not a planner, so having a bunch of quilts designed and ready was a new experience for me and I liked it, not that it made a difference since I'm sitting here in the "what's next?" place, which usually leads to taking the terrible twins out rather than cleaning the house :)

Later Gators,
Dana

6 comments:

  1. family crisis??? Glad to hear that it was only in the mind of people who caused them. Beautiful quilt designs and quilts. So very cheerful. Total #CreativeGoodness

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, it's hard to choose a favorite among these but I'm leaning toward the tulipy one. They're all so bright and cheerful and perfect for a baby girl. Glad you survived the crises especially since they weren't of your own doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. About time you shared some stuff!!!! The one she picked is soft and girly. But I would have grabbed the last one. I like the borders as they remind me of ticker tape. Glad you were invited to crash the trip.....and to have survived a crisis is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy! Now you have some 'extra's' waiting around. Always handy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them all and in awe because I still can't figure out EQ (need a one on one class). So understand the unnecessary crisis stress - breath girl -- or go out in the back yard and scream like I do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Dana. These are so pretty! Maybe the tulip is my favorite, but I really like all of them. Hopefully, the crises have resolved by now.

    ReplyDelete