Sunday, March 5, 2017

QuiltCon

I've been gone 


It turns out Savannah is 2 hours from Cori's new place


I started playing with idea when I read that


then Cori took off Friday and Monday so we could run the streets together.


How could I resist? It meant driving all day and getting up the next morning for that 2 hour drive


Completely worth it!








The free motion quilting just blew me away


And this was the best part, seeing these in person







Wholecloth! I spent a lot of time just staring at this one. 



Because I went on Thursday I missed seeing some of the "names" that were there, but that's O.K. the quilts left me in awe. I'm home and exhausted, hoping to not drive again for at least a day. 

Debbie did try to tempt with another show in Florida, but by time I hit Daytona Beach it was pedal to the metal heading for home. 

Later Gators,
Dana

8 comments:

  1. Someone likes Tula Pink and Angela Walters. I have seen most of these (thru posts) but not the black and white piece - that is striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow. I'm inspired. I need to come back to soak it all in. So happy you were able to attend QuiltCon East. I suspect you are still saturated with soaking it all in. Love all the quilts you shared, but today the Elephant just makes me smile.

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do think you got inspired! The modern venture touched a nerve in you and took you for a fast ride:) Very glad you went and had the chance to see some of these up close. I'm an Angela fan too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. coming back to drool over the quilts at this show, which you kindly shared. The freemotion quilting is amazing. Sure happy you had a chance to attend.

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get over that giant diamond quilt every time I see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been to QuiltCon. Thanks for sharing some of the highlights!

    ReplyDelete