Sunday, March 30, 2014

Book It for March


I'm still loving the idea that Sharon at Vroomans Quilts came up with, pick a book, pattern or magazine, blow off the dust and make a quilt. Since I have stacks of magazines all opened to a specific quilt this idea is perfect for me, plus I'm using some older stash fabrics when possible, win win.

This month I picked this magazine

And this quilt

The quilt was built around that center block, but I changed that so it would match the border fabric I wanted to use, which I've had way too long.

I pulled all of the colors from the border fabric too, so it's nice and bright. I like that the daisies overlap the blocks, it adds a little depth to the quilt, plus I like unrestrained daisies :)
The quilt finished at 41" square and other than changing the main block I followed the directions (first time ever).


I used just about the last of that smiling daisy fabric that I've been trying to use up for years as the backing, it matched perfectly and I only have about a fat quarter left. 

You'll see this magazine again, it has a cute Halloween wall hanging I'd like to make and at least one quilt block that I want to play with. 

Once again, Thank You Sharon! This is the incentive I needed to clean out that pile of magazines, most of which only have one quilt I want to make. It will take me years, but I'm already planning what I can put on that shelf, LOL. 
Please think about joining in, it's a great way to go though all of those books, patterns and magazines we've all been hoarding collecting and please check out the linky party for lots of inspiration. 

Later Gators,
Dana 

10 comments:

  1. Oh this is so cute!! I like the center and all the bright colors. I had that same backing fabric around for a long time - may be some bits in the pre-cut barrels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your overlap idea....and the perfectly matching backing fabric. The colors just jump out....very cute and so wonderfully you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! And it's all finished. The back is so perfect for this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Book It Challenge sounds like great fun. And I love what you created. So cheerful.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I always love your bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOOOVE your colors and fabrics, Dana! perfect for this quilt pattern! again, your quilts are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a bright and cute quilt and you got it finished, I'm jealous. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great effort. I love your centre daisies. The colours are just so pretty.
    valspierssews

    ReplyDelete