Sunday, September 4, 2011

100 Quilts for Kids

Swim, Bike, Quilt

I am quilting every spare minute and I donate a lot of my quilts. After all, what can you do with them all? I've gifted to everyone I know who would love one, notice I said love one, and I don't think a pile of quilts stashed in the closet are very useful. I've sent boxes off to Quilts for Kids, donated to individual children who I've heard need a hug and every year I pick at least one child from the birthday list over at Margaret's Hope Chest. That one is actually a favorite of mine since Carin and Carol tell you a little about the child. It's so much easier to make a quilt if you know what the child's favorite colors are and what they enjoy.

This year I'm joining the second annual 100 Quilts for Kids charity event. Last year it took place in December and I wasn't able to join. This year it runs from September 15 - October 15, so I'll be able to get something done, I'm not really thinking how many, I'll just turn this place into a sweatshop and see what I can get done.
The really nice thing about this event is they want you to pick where you're quilts go and they really promote local. I'm going to call my local woman's shelter and see if they would like them, if not I'll find somewhere or I know the ladies at Margaret's Hope Chest would love a box of quilts.

I don't like posts without pictures. So here's one of the quilts I made for Margaret's Hope Chest


Think about joining in, it makes you feel good.

Thanks for stopping by,
Dana


2 comments:

  1. Good for you, sounds like you've picked some good places. I myself have one waiting for Quilts for Kids, we have a local chapter at my LQS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like this quilt....colors are great. I donate to Habitat for Humanity, and Project linus and a few others. Just passing it forward to others keeps me going.

    ReplyDelete