Saturday, November 7, 2015

Dresdens!

Do you remember this quilt?
My dream/nightmare quilt after being asked to make a traditional Dresden. The thought of neutrals and traditional had me running for my happy bright colors and my act of rebellion was this. It even inspired Amy at Girl Recycled to come up with the words Neo-Dresden, I like it. 

The only way for me to learn is to do, so after seeing this layout on pinterest I jumped in and made this. 
All scraps and I fell completely in love with Dresdens. It all about the colors for me and this one was perfect.

Then because someone gave me this sunflower fabric I made this table runner, really not me but I used up the fabric. 

Of course I had to make a garden of them, a baby quilt that makes me think of mom, dad and baby :)

I did buy the EZ Dresden ruler which makes them so easy, chain piecing and applique, they are fun and fast, use up scraps and are just happy quilts. 

David is away this weekend for a male bonding golf weekend so the terrible twins and I have pretty much moved outside, we've been doing some repotting (I do the work, they eat the dirt). My yard seems to have an active life of it's own, we found iguana eggs in one pot, mostly long hatched but two looked whole so I left them alone and a big pile of peanuts in another pot which must be a squirrels cache, also left alone, but now I know why Maya was trying to climb a tree the other day while a squirrel yelled at her but wouldn't back down.

I'm linking up with #CreativeGoodness at Quilt Shop Gals

Later Gators,
Dana

10 comments:

  1. I don't think there are any rules for any quilt block -it is all about creativity. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you slick....learning a new trick and making up a variety! I love the dresden color study set with the 9 patch....it is so beautiful. And the happy family is adorable. wish you would send some sun up here.....soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts. I have yet to make a Dresden Plate quilt, but you've certainly inspired me to do so. Your gardening adventure sounds fun.Watch out for those baby iguanas.

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I love all of them. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! love the use of "scraps" they are lovely! It makes me want to dig out my ruler and dig through my scrap box!

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty quilts!! Love your humor and the images from the yard tales.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neo-Dresden... neato! I like that too. Dana you clearly mastered Dresdens and I love all those quilts - Such bright and happy colors!
    You work while Maya and Brady Bug eat dirt... hahahaha! I bet they really love it when you dig and pull weeds. Our pups are in snuffly heaven whenever we weed the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All so pretty. What great patterns and quilting. Found you on Quilt Shop Gal's link party. Now following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Dresdens, but, I've only made one block so far.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sure caught on fast, all the dresden quilts a just great, I'm partial to baby quilt and that is also my favorite, but the spring colors
    quilt is beautiful. Was a very hard choice for me. Thanks for visiting my blog on the Christmas At Heart Hop.

    ReplyDelete