Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Let's Book It, April 2015


A few months ago Sharon was listing off all of the possible places for patterns to use for the Let's Book It and she mentioned the internet, light bulb moment, I have a few (many) quilts bookmarked so that's what I used this month. Here's a link to the pattern


All I saw when I looked at that was what a great string quilt.


I didn't follow the directions, just cut the strings the same width they had in the pattern, 1 1/4".

My strings are completely out of control, somehow they've expanded from their usual home to 4 reusable shopping bags, I guess I had a plan at some point because they are sorted by color values. 


This quilt made a small dent in the "brights" bag, was easy to do and I love the way it turned out. 

I'm declaring war on my strings so you'll be seeing a lot more string quilts, hopefully I can have my shopping bags back by the end of the year. 

Think about joining in, I love the "Let's Book It" linky party. 

Later Gators,
Dana


11 comments:

  1. OK, you stole my heart! Skinny strings, brights, toss in some white, use up those scraps - all rolled into one fantastic quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strings on a whim.....so very bright and cheerful! This is one modern version of strings that I love. You did a great job in disbursing the colors and making it sing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, I have this quilt on my bucket list and was just looking at it this week and wondering if I had enough scraps. Nope, I would have to buy fabric, painful, I know... :) Your is a real Beauty! And you are right - It's a giant string quilt, LOL. I love it in your brights and am pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! You are a quilting machine! What do you do with all of your lovely creations? Your home must be overflowing with beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love this! Great use of your brights, and who doesn't love to reduce the scrap bin, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOOOOVE the brights! love them so much! dang add another to my list!!!

    ps...don't be too shocked you heard from me! hehe... miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOOOOVE the brights! love them so much! dang add another to my list!!!

    ps...don't be too shocked you heard from me! hehe... miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I *really* like how this one came together! The brights are perfect in this scrappy scheme

    ReplyDelete