Thursday, July 3, 2014

New FO for June

2014 NewFO Challenge

June's NewFo linky is up, the first of the summer (Barbara's words), it feels like next she'll be writing about Fall and we'll all wonder what happened to summer. 

I don't have much to show, but I did a lot in June, you may remember the pile of T-shirts I showed you last month, they turned into this:

I'm really pleased with the end result, laying it out was a chore and there's a ton of Y-seams, but it was all worth it.


I made the back out of his childhood sheets that she had saved, it's all pretty special for him. 
Cute little side story, the mom wants another quilt for her daughter when she graduates, one problem, because she wore girly dresses and had pretty princess sheets, the mom passed all of her things on, so now she's watching ebay and haunting thrift stores looking for similar items to pass off as the daughter's. She said she'll just hide them in her closet and hope the daughter doesn't catch on, LOL.

After that big finish I made my Let's Book It quilt:
For the Let's Book It challenge I'm not only getting rid of old magazines, but I'm trying to use up stash, I had the perfect fabric for the backing, so that's a big plus.

That was it for me in June, I spent a few days dying fabric and managed to dye my hands bright red, normally I dye them blue. There is something a little more horrific about bright red, when they're blue people just act like they don't notice, but the red was a real attention getter, LOL. 

Gotta run, summer is calling, please check out what everyone else was doing in June, remember you only have to start something for the NewFo, no finishes required. 

Later Gators,
Dana

10 comments:

  1. I would love to see the red hands - even when they're blue! I think you had a great June - enjoy the Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were SOOO BUSY during June! you accomplished a lot!!! first I don't even know what Y seams are (I guess I better learn right?) and I have to agree, that backing for that quilt is the perfect one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your backs are as cute as your fronts. And au contraire...i'm going to skip fall altogether and start writing about Christmas next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol....ever thought about gloves? I am thinking I will take the summer off and wait for fall......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your tee shirt quilt! All of the others I have seen are sashed and framed. THe duck quilt is sweet!

    I hope she can pull off substitute pieced for her daughters quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been a busy bee. What fun projects. :)

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been a busy bee. What fun projects. :)

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a good showing for the month. Nice quilts, front and back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the T shirt quilt and yes, you have been one busy gal

    ReplyDelete