Monday, January 28, 2013

Pillow Sham?

I'm finally out of the holiday whirlwind and sewing every chance I get. Over the weekend the woman who I made this quilt for


asked me if I could make a matching pillow sham, uh maybe, I've never made one before, but how hard can it be? famous last words right? I'm thinking of a large star in the middle with smaller stars in the corners and a border of the blue that I used for the border. Ideas?


I'm running north today and plan on googling shams when I get back, but any hints or tips would be appreciated. Like do I need to add something to close it, or is an overlapping back enough? Thanks you guys always have great idea, have I told you lately how much I appreciate you?

Later Gators,
Dana





4 comments:

  1. I like the overlapped back style with a flat flange around it. Here's a simple how do....
    http://www.ehow.com/how_5142718_make-flanged-pillow-sham.html

    Think you have the right idea on the design. The quilt is so pretty and love the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that style Debbie mentioned would be great with your design. Maybe size the large star down just a tad so it's not the exact same size as the ones on the quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh! a pillow sham to match that beautiful quilt!!! sorry have no advice but I have complete confidence in you!
    have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is very cute! And pillow you made to go with it is too! I love Flower Sugar.

    ReplyDelete