Friday, March 30, 2012

March Free Motion Quilting Challenge

Is time flying by for everyone or is it just me. I had plenty of time to do this, then no time. 

March's challenge was from Ann Fahl, who really has a style I like. If you check out her work she has a lot of gorgeous quilts showing that style.

Her challenge pretty much gave a few examples and set us free to explore other options from stippling. I liked what she had to say and although I followed the examples she gave, I can see myself trying other shapes and just making it my own.


Not great, but I didn't practice, just jumped in. I love the little loop de loops, they are fun to do and add such a nice touch of whimsy. I went ahead and threw in the daisies, hearts and leaves just to see what I liked and the daisies won. 

Although I'm having trouble finding time to practice these, I am going back and working on them. I just finished a quilt where I used the vines and leaves from January in the sashing, it looks awesome. (Yeah, I know, where's the pictures? I'm working on it.)

Thanks for stopping by,
Dana

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the pics of your finished quilt with the vines. :o) Your FMQ practice looks great. Love the little flowers.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Dana.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! Love your free wheeling style of anything goes here. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete